Keebler Easy Cheesecake recipe from Bertha Wheatley
1 Keebler Read Crust (my preference is "butter)
1 package (8 oz.) Cream cheese (1/3 less fat) softened
½ cup sugar
1 cup (½ pint) sour cream (lite)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1- 8 oz container Lite Cool Whip
Fresh or frozen strawberries for garnish.
Beat cheese until smooth, gradually beat in sugar.
sour cream and vanilla.
Fold in whipped cream topping, blending well.
until set, at least 4 hours.
Garnish with strawberries when ready to serve.
LEMON CHIFFON CAKE
Makes one 7-inch cake
¾ cup cake flour (not self-rising)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 large eggs, separated
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice plus 2 tablespoons grated lemon
zest (about 4 lemons)
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees, and have ready an ungreased
seven-inch tube pan. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda,
salt, and ¾ cup granulated sugar; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, vegetable oil,
1/3 cup water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Add the reserved dry
ingredients, and beat until smooth.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites on medium
speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat on high speed until soft peaks
form, about 1 minute. Gradually add the remaining tablespoon of granulated
sugar; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
4. Gradually fold egg-white mixture into the batter; start by folding in one-third, then fold in the remaining two-thirds. Pour batter
into pan. Using an offset spatula, smooth the top. Bake until a cake tester
inserted into the middle comes out clean and the cake is golden, about 45
5. Remove cake from oven; invert the pan over a glass soda bottle for 2 hours to cool. Turn cake right-side up. Run a table knife all
the way down between cake and pan; invert again, and remove cake. Dust cake with confectioners' sugar before serving.